This one sports new textures and a new more stable base, a ruined Word Wall.
It is also filled with expanding foam to keep it more sturdy since, as it turned out, the last one couldn't support its own weight.
Difficulty: (still) Very Hard
Download (the new stuff is in a separate file)
Original texture and model belongs to Bethesda / ZeniMax.
... I think it's about the same as what english refer to as white glue but not sure.
Actually I spend so much time on them it'd hesitate to sell them, and I usually only enjoy building a particular model once (hard lesson learned with the MKII dragon), so its not likely Ill sell these, not to mention the copyright issues.
I hate to be pedantic but the words inscribed on the word wall appear to be mirrored so that you have to read it backwards (right to left) this really irks me.
I'm making this as a birthday present for somebody who can read Dovah and he'll probably be irked by this to, any chance this could be fixed?
There's no rush to do this I've got till may and so far I'm just starting the head, the word wall will be one of the last pieces I construct.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
I learnt this when I attempted to translate the wall.
Noble Nords remember these words (of) the
hoar father - It is duty of each
man to live with courage and honor
lest he fade, forgotten into darkness.
I signed up an account just to post this comment. ~xcal13
I originally wanted to mirror the whole model for the rebuild just to add a bit of novelty and I have made the texture accordingly, I just forgot to actually mirror the model.
Well I've made a corrected texture and uploaded it to my site, so download the word wall part again and it should be fixed.
Thx for letting me know!
If it still has problems just send me a note.
I'll take a look now, thank you very much
yes that's fixed it fantastic
I will say it is looking to be a fantastic model although slightly smaller than I'd of hoped its all going together well so far.
I've done papercraft before although not for about a year at this point, I am reminded of how much I hate cutting out triangles >.<
unfortunately my printer printed it slightly to dark so some of the spikes are solid black which is unfortunate. ah well.
I really am amazed how quickly you responded and fixed that so thank you, ill be sure to upload pictures of it and my progress when its done
(I don't want to give the game away, its supposed to be a surprise present)
also what sort of paper did you use? I'm using 200gsm / 220 micron card which should work ok, which thickness did you use, and any opinion on what I'm using?
Finally your welcome its an easy mistake to make (I assume, I've never done anything advanced like that with pepakura designer, at most I've rescaled an armour piece)
(sorry for the long wall of text, I'm a terrible writer)
As for paper it depends, I generally use 180gsm verbatim matte photo paper, or if i want to hide the edges more I use 180gsm plain paper
(Its a tredoff between how visible the edges are and how vibrant the colors are, photo papers in general fray more easily on the edges in my experience, that the colors and print quality is much better is a no brainer)
Also make sure you use something at least in the legs to reinforce the dragon (Ive used expanding foam , but there are thosse reinforcement parts in the MkII file if nothng else) My first model has external wiring holding it up because i didn't realize that the legs cannot hold it after a while.
I'll see what I can do with paper clips, was going to try and glue them on the inside, specifically on the joints between the parts.
I'll make sure to give the legs and the wing extra reinforcements on your advice.
The Mk2 has expanding foam in the inside of the wings, legs and the front of the torso to give it extra support/
And was building it a 2nd time. So You are the master ... too
The texture change certainly makes the details pop out more and I'd imagine the build quality would be better 2nd time around too since you know what to watch out for.